Sunday 22 August 2010

An amulet

protect me ...

I was speaking to a friend a couple of weeks ago and as I described the time of jewellery I made, she commented on how she loved wearing different amulets as necklaces. It got me thinking, I had heard the word, but never thought about it in connection to my jewels!

Amulet... is has a lovely sound and makes me think of medevil knights. It means

"an object that protects a person from trouble"), a close cousin of the talisman (Arabic: طلاسم‎ / transliterated: tilasm), consists of any object intended to bring good luck and/or protection to its owner.
Wikipedia




I am being more and more inspired by my family and unconventional amulets just now. When I see keys I think about how my Gran would talk about life and keys. How we are in charge of our own destiny, like we hold the key to a giant wooden door which leads out onto the path that is our lives.

Do you have any lucky charms or amulets that you and your family hold dear? I would love to hear about them, a little insight into your soul!

xxx

No comments: