Thursday 7 August 2008

Bursts of colour


I have been busy making earrings this week and having such fun! Here is a sneaky preview of some of my new designs I'll be adding to the shop over the next couple of days. I am loving working with all these beautiful semi precious stones


The other day I was checking in on all my daily reads and popped by verylittlebird's blog, and saw she was taking part in Swim it Forward, a very exciting idea that all Etsy members could make a fishy of some sort and send it along to another Etsy member. And maybe one day we could all end up with a little fishy on our desks! I was totally drawn to this idea of spreading love and handmade gift giving through out the world. So I signed up and by default have been teamed up with two people! The first fishy came my way from Phillipa at feltathome, and his name is Graham, isn't he sweet?

I couldn't resist finding him a new home, all be it empty of greenery at the moment!

11 comments:

bunzi said...

love your earrings they are fab. i love where you put your fishy guy. very cute idea.

Unknown said...

How funny! A fake fishy!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia C.

Nora said...

those red earring looked like candy ,yummy

Catherine said...

lovely earings, and your fish is very cute!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty colors Laura! I always love your creative works! :)

And yes, I have been quite sneaky this summer which is an explination to why I'm such a slacker on the blog. But! I've posted an exciting tale of the details, if you're interested! ;)

I love how you could tell something was up! Haha! It's cause you're my best blog friend! :D

mushroommeadows said...

lovely earrings!! I like the first ones the best!

Megan Coyle said...

The earrings are wonderful and I really like the way you photographed them on top of sheet music. And your fish is such a cute gift--I especially like the fact that you put it in an empty glass container.

Cathy said...

Beautiful jewellery and I love the orange fishy idea. Might check it out.

littlebird said...

oh laura i love the idea of putting your fish in a fish bowl !!! : D

and those blue earrings are lovely.

Andrea said...

fish and earrings! how cute...

Teal Chic said...

Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy! Everything looks fantastic!!! :)