Sunday 10 February 2008

stamp, stick, bend

It's been a busy weekend here in Paisley! I have been making non stop all weekend, earrings, earrings, some bracelets and more earrings. I have just finished packageing them all up and have 10 charm bracelets and 60 pairs of earrings. I'll photo them in the morning before I drop them off to the businesses in Barrhead. I started this at Christmas, I went into the bank, council offices and some schools and showed the manager my goodies and asked if I could come back and leave a bo of jewellery and cards for 3 days. Everyone was very kind and gave me the go a head. I was in the bank last week and one of the ladies asked when I was bringing m next batch in, so I have been busy making away for them and one of my friends and her mum work in schools and they want a bo too!
I love it when they are all packaged up, looking very neat with my new stamp. The packaging looks so much more professional now and it saves me using stickers with my contact details.
I took some time out yesterday to sit in my garden, it was lovely and fresh and bright. I have been keeping a close eye on all my bulbs waiting with eager anticipation for new shoots from my tulip selection. I got such a lot of pleasure and photography from them last year and I was very chuffed with them as they were the first bulbs I have planted for my own garden. I have one bed full of herbs, I love growing, watching then eating them! I bought a 'curry plant' when moved here and it just seems to grow like wild fire. I'm not really sure what to do with it, but it smells amazing. I cut some bay leaves to dry for soups and pasta sauces.

This is a photo I took last year of one of the types of tulips that came up, I love the colour, it's rich and velvety. Nature is such an inspiration!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Tulips are one of my very favorite flowers, and that one is gorgeous!