Sunday 3 February 2008

Getting Sorted


The beginning of this week has been filled with non craft/ design things, so the second half of the week I filled with making! I have been making new earrings for my shop and some other outlets.


This week has been a thoughtful one. I have realised that I am spending very little time making for me, not to sell or for a reason, but just for pleasure, and that was a real wake up call. So I have decided to split my week up, blog 3 times a week, flikr twice a week, indirepublic once a week and a maximum of 20 minutes a day on Etsy. And I have penciled in 30mins a day 'artists date' as Julia Cameron calles it in "The Artists Way".


This will be adjusted and more tme added when I have got into the swing of my newtime table. At art school when I was running dry I would just dive back into my sketchbooks, doodle and reaserch and streams of ideas would come. Now I am getting the ideas but not making the time to sit and actually make them and let them develope! So over the next few months I want to explore collage, sewing, drawing, maybe even some painting, more photographing, and really having fun for funs sake! So I'll keep you posted on my progress.


I have also decided to leave the 30 days to a better shop challenge. I am still checkin in at Christina's blog but I don't want to feel I have to keep you all updated with it all the little changes to my shop. I will of cource let you know when I reach my 100th sale!


Here is a little guy I have made for someone special and he has been a large part of my thought shift this week, make time for the good stuff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little bird is so adorable Laura! :) I am swooning over him! :) Great job!

I just wanted to touch base with you and your little commission! :) I am having so much fun coming up with compositions! I can't wait to show you when I finish up! I have been thinking of you in certain colors. Any particular favorites that you prefer??

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your prints are up in the shop my friend! :) I had so much fun with them!!

Laura Bray said...

The schedule is a great idea-I often find myself wasting too much time online! I also struggle keeping up with my "Artist's Dates"!