Thursday 4 November 2010

gratitude #2

it's raining again...

I have been making and listing new designs this week. Necklaces, earrings and bracelets. My favorite of the moment are these earrings, a tiny cloud and brolly. My aunt Ruthie sent me a postcard a few years ago when things in my life were a little rough. There was a doodle of a smiling girl holding a pink umbrella with a fluffy grey cloud above her head and large rain droplets falling around her. Underneath the doodle was " into each life, some rain must fall."

This words have stayed with me and resonate deeply with me. It can be so easy to get down on our selves when things aren't going to well, and begin to ask our selves why? But knowing that the rain will fall, no matter what, make it easier to take. And I have begun to think of the rain as a blessing. Yes it may be grey and wet, but these clear drops make my home counrty the lush landscape it is. The rain nurtures the soil where our food grows. But most of all it reminds me how lucky I am to have clean water to drink and bathe in.

What am i grateful for today?....... the rain.

No comments: