Thursday 20 May 2010

:: my life ::

Indie Film by thelightfantastic

Thank you youtube

Having spent hours and hours, days in fact trying to work out what I was doing wrong, I now know how to make, edit and upload video!

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone here in blog land, on twitter and in the Etsy forums who offered advice. It was such a comfort to know that I was not alone in having technical difficulties.


Turns out my films were .MOV files because I was filming on my digital camera, there for I had to convert them to .avi files to be able to edit them in my software, or any as it turns out! Having tralled the web I was directed to a very helpful video on youtube, showing me step by step how to convert my files.


So with my new found knowledge and a couple of hours tomorrow I'm going to set to work.

What digital/ technical problems have been phasing you recently?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you've got it sorted Laura.
I'm trying to put together some short stories about one of the felt characters I have created, Isabelle. I have taken some images (photos) and now I'm trying to make them look decent & overlay some graphics on them. Simple, I thought, nah....!
I am looking at purchasing some image manipulation software & am looking at perhaps Corel Paintshop pro. it all seemed such a simple idea at first!......