Monday 21 July 2008

Inspire me Thursday


Polka Dots


I have finally finished 1 of the 2 big projects I have been needing to clear! To keep me going through the number crunching I made some time each morning and evening to make stuff, and I have been having so much fun. Over the next couple of days I show you some of my creations, but in the mean time I have decided to take part in Inspire me Thursday again, to keep me making. I have also been working through Keri Smith's 100 things and I am so surprised at how taking the pressure off has let me begin to create in wonderful ways and mediums.
The ImT theme this week is polka dots and I just couldn't resist using paper! It is almost a collage but nothing stuck down so that it can be a moving instillation when a breeze passes over it, hehe he!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura!! Guess what!?! Yup. You won my palette! :) I am so happy for you! I'll send it out soon! :)

And I hope you've been having a great blog week without me. I've missed it greatly, and am looking forwart to getting back on top of things. ;)

Tell that adorable pooch hello for me and have a wonderful day!!

Megan Coyle said...

I love polka dots and this is a fun, creative approach on a common pattern. Wonderful!

Tammie Lee said...

This is a fun piece, I like that the breeze can be part of the creation.

Unknown said...

How fun!

I hope your week is off to a great start!

Take care and stay breezy!

truly,

Sylvia C.

bunzi said...

very cool pic. :D

Cathy said...

Hi Laura. Thanks for the visit to my blog. Your blog is great and very varied and creative and shows you have a brilliant sense of humour. Love the polka dots - very original idea.

Rowena said...

so simple and interesting. great idea.

littlebird said...

what a lovely, simple, inspiring image thanks makes me wanna go and create : )

kazumiwannabe said...

It looks great! Love the neat feel and ephemeral quality of it too, very cool!

Jenn: said...

This is so much to look at. Moving instalation-hehe!
Very creative.

Laura Bray said...

I need to start playing at Inspire Me Thursdays again too. Love your polka dots!

Honor said...

What a lovely blog you have! This is a wonderful piece, I love that you haven't stuck anything down - how brave. ;-)

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful and simple and poetic - and I love that the dots are free to fly away:-) really wonderful!